Monday, June 29, 2009

God's Hand at Work

For those of you who don't know, 5 teens from our youth group (including myself), along with my yp, his wife, and Mr. Webb are going on a mission trip to Monterrey, Mexico from July 25th - August 1st to help Jonathan and Wendy Latham in their work.

Last night our group traveled to Burbank, IL for our first program at a different church. We had fun preparing for it during the afternoon, packed everything up in the church van, and were on our way!

Once there, we set things up and talked through what we were going to do. All of us had nerves last night, but with the Lord's help and all your prayers I believe we honored the Lord with what we presented to the church. We had a few congregational songs along with prayer, then the service was turned over to us. Starting out was our Spanish song "Cristo Me Amo": better known as "Jesus Loves Me". Thanks to Becca I was able to play the piano for all the songs our group sang :) Joe then started out with the first half of our presentation - the slide show for which he and Becca worked many hours to get just right. During the middle Chelsea, Elizabeth, and I went up to give our testimonies. Chelsea and Elizabeth did a wonderful job; I found that I was nervous to begin with, but once I started talking it came naturally to me. I enjoy talking in front of groups of people ... but only when I have something written out!

My sister and I did the offertory "There Shall be Showers of Blessings"; then she and Becca went up to give their testimonies. I hadn't heard Becca's all written out before, so it was nice to hear something new. Joe finished with the presentation, the group sang "Here am I, Lord", and then Joe preached.

Towards the end of the service a love offering was taken, and later we found out how much the Lord had blessed us with. It was truly amazing how God worked in those peoples' hearts! There was only a handful of people there during that evening service, yet the Lord provided through small numbers. It just goes to show that if we put our trust in the Lord, HE - not we - can accomplish anything. I must admit I've been worried with how we are to make enough money before the trip, which is coming up in a matter of weeks now. I found that I need to lean on the Lord more, and on myself much less.

I believe we are at 70% or so of the way there for raising funds. Your prayers are appreciated more than you will ever realize. Knowing that our friends and family are praying for our group helps us to keep going. Pray that we would raise that final 30%, as well as be a blessing and help to the Lathams this upcoming month.

If you would like to check out my website, here is the web address: http://sarahgreetings.bravehost.com/

I will put a few pictures up when I've downloaded them, so keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment